how to build stairs in the garden
Before you start building stairs in the garden, it is necessary to consider certain points, for example, if the slope, where it is planned to build a ladder, steep enough, the ladder should be placed not in a straight line and on a tangent - this is done to reduce the steepness of the stairs.
|stairs design in the garden|
Should take into account the factor that the ladder should be safe and comfortable enough to move around. For this purpose, it is desirable to limit the maximum height of the steps of the staircase to 12 centimeters and a width from 40 degrees to make up to 50 centimeters.
For what would be in bad weather on the steps not accumulate rainwater, they should be given the slope of 1-2 degrees.
For the construction of stairs and most of works will require the following materials and tools:
- lightweight concrete, class not lower than B-7, 5
- B-15 concrete
- cement solution
- sand, which is added to cement to stabilize it in the proportion of 9:1
- granite tiles
- clinker brick size 20h10h5 centimeters
- Stone Field
- gravel or coarse sand
- film construction
- waterproof fabric
The volume of construction materials to be used for construction, are calculated individually, depending on all the parameters of stairs to be built, as well as the conditions for its operation.
Of the tools needed for the construction of stairs: mixer, steam shovels, drill, cord or rope initial bricklayer, building level, hammer, boards, pegs, wooden or rubber mallet, trowel or trowel, a sharp knife, caulking materials, bucket or wide capacity Dilution mortar.
The construction process :-
- Measure the length of the base of the slope and its height. also necessary to measure the width of the area that leads to the stairs. These measurements are to be done with great care, because it is for them will be drafted and deducted the amount of construction material used.
- Produce excavation. At the bottom of the recess must sprinkle sand layer of about 10 centimeters. If the seizure was made in waterproof ground, instead of sand is better to use the same thickness layer of drainage. After the sand is laid, it tamped, thereby put him with the necessary density.
- Putting formwork for stairs. Formwork boards are usually made or it can be customized - team. Anyway, the formwork should be structured with an increased margin of safety - for the fact that she had not collapsed in the process of filling with concrete.
- At the bottom of the recess, right on the hard-packed sand or drainage, construction film contains an adequate margin to be submitted by the side wall formwork.The film is laid for what would hinder care of water through the soil and what would be the concrete is mixed with sand. Film must be carefully fix it to be fixed in the process of filling concrete formwork.
- Fill mounted concrete formwork , starting with the bottom rung ladder under construction. For this process, you must use concrete grade B-15. After the concrete hardens, set additional formwork, which will serve for the production of caps, which will be installed clinker facing. If desired, the bases can be made of brick.
- Formwork before the end filled with concrete. Concrete, during filling, you need to stamp using a special construction vibrator that would avoid the formation of air pockets. Necessary in the process of setting of the concrete, pour it with water and cover with foil or a tarpaulin construction that would avoid cracking and to ensure that he gained the necessary strength.
- After the concrete curing process is complete, you need to remove the formwork , passing a clean surface and preparing them for the next step . Make a preliminary layout elements for facing "dry" to extinct seams and more accurately adjust the facing material.Then laid clinker tiles or bricks on a solution respecting the planned thickness of the vertical and horizontal seams.
- For Face works used granite tiles , under which it is necessary to lay a cement stabilized sand 9:1. Calculates the height of bedding so that the tiles laid issued in about 1-1.5 cm above the plane laid brick.
- Granite tiles equals using mallets to form a flat surface with a laid clinker. After this step backfilled with a mixture of sand and cement.
- In order that would cement put between the tiles and bedding scored the necessary strength, steps must be periodically moistened with water . The joints between the bricks stacked for better aesthetic perception, can be filled with a special putty for exterior applications. During the filler is applied, it is necessary to "embroider" for better water drainage from the steps of the staircase.
You have read this article stairs designs with the title January 2014. You can bookmark this page URL http://afaeryorchardproject.blogspot.com/2014/01/how-to-build-garden-steps.html. Thanks!